Grotto is stoked to introduce our newest member of the family- Nam Chantepie. The new yoga director at Grotto discovered yoga at just the right time in his life. Not only during a time when he needed it most but when he was finally open and ready to explore the many benefits of the practice. Earning his 200-hour Yoga Alliance Hatha teaching certification through Happy-U Namaste and with a background in Martial Arts, Nam offers plenty of verbal and hands-on adjustments/assists; and emphasizes strength breath and proper alignment in each of his classes. Whether teaching a restorative or Vinyasa class, students can expect to explore their strengths, work on focus, and learn to find balance on and off the mat.
Let’s get to know Nam a little better with a round of Rapid Fire
- Yoga or Climbing? Yoga
- If you could only visit one vacation destination where would that be? Zion National Park
- Something you say frequently: The More we are grateful for what we have, the more we will have to be grateful for.
- What’s the first thing you do when you get ready to do yoga: Center my mind and set an intention.
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be: Teaching Yoga
- How do you take your coffee: I do not drink coffee, just water.
- Fun Fact about yourself: My Mom and I escaped from Communist Vietnam at the age of 3. We were caught and went to a communist jail. So I guess that makes me an ex-con!
- Favorite thing to do on a Saturday: Go hiking
- Favorite Phone App: Camera Plus App
- Favorite yoga related Book: Light On Yoga By BKS Iyengar
Make sure you head over to Grotto to meet Nam, check out the class schedule and find a class that works for you.